FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
When is the premiere of Flamenco on Film?
Saturday, April 23 and Sunday, April 24, 2022
The films will premiere and be available for viewing beginning at 12:00 pm (PST) on the dates above through Friday, April 29, 11:59 pm. You can view the films anytime during this period.
How much are tickets?
Program 2 $25 plus fees
Program 1 & 2 $40 plus fees
Tickets are per household.
How do I purchase tickets?
Tickets are unavailable at this time.
What is a program?
A program consists of four films scheduled to play as one package. There are two programs, and each program consists of 4 feature films. There are a total of 8 feature films.
Where were the events filmed?
The dance and music performances were filmed in Sevilla at locations within the city. Descriptions, of most of the locations, are provided on the Education page.
Sevillanas was filmed in Santa Barbara at the beautiful Santa Barbara Historical Museum courtyard. There is information about Sevillanas on the Education page.
What is the “full details” page?
Each film has a dedicated page with a list of credits and either a description of the film or biography of the performing artist.
This information is what you would see in a printed audience program.
Are events broadcast live?
No. All films were pre-recorded in 2021.
What is the program schedule?
Program 1 / Saturday, April 23, 2022
- Makarines (a contemporary vocal duo)
- Ibérica Contemporánea (highlights of a festival in Mexico)
- Volver (a special presentation)
- Maria Moreno (an experimental flamenco dance performance)
Program 2 / Sunday, April 24, 2022
- Sevillanas (a traditional folk dance and music performance)
- Luisa Palicio (a classic flamenco dance performance)
- Festival de Jerez (highlights of a flamenco festival in Spain)
- Pedro Ricardo Miño (a flamenco music performance)
How long are the programs and films?
Program 1 = 1:26:17 hours. Program 2 run time will be listed soon.
Approximate run times for each film are listed on the “full details” page for each film. Exact run times will be updated on the website and on this page as we get closer to the premiere.
Is there an intermission?
No. Each program will run straight through with no intermission.
What is the starting time for the initial premiere?
CALIFORNIA 12:00 PM PST
NEW YORK 3:00 PM EST
MEXICO CITY 2:00 PM
SEVILLA 9:00 PM (21:00)
Check the starting time for your specific location here.
How long will the programs be available?
The programs you purchase will be available for viewing from the premiere start date and time listed to Friday, April 29, 2022, at 11:59 PM, PST.
Are there subtitles and written translations?
Some, not all information has been translated.
- Most of the films include English or Spanish subtitles for the speaking parts only.
- The English version of the script for Volver is on the “full details” page.
- Information on the Education page is in English and Spanish
- A condensed version of the artist bios or synopsis of the film will be available in a PDF document. You will be able to print this document and use it as a guide while viewing the films.
Can I donate to the Flamenco Arts Festival?
Yes. There are many ways to donate.
- When purchasing a ticket to the virtual festival on Ticketsauce you can also make a donation.
- You can purchase a t-shirt to support the Access to the Arts Initiative.
- Visit our Support page for more information on becoming a sponsor, community or business partner, volunteer, Board of Director, or advisory committee member.
What is the cancellation policy?
All ticket sales are final, no refunds or exchanges, but consider the following:
- If the virtual event is cancelled, you will receive a refund for up to two weeks after the announcement is made.
- If the virtual event is rescheduled and the new date does not work for you, you will receive a refund for up to two weeks after the announcement is made.
- Your original ticket will be honored for the new rescheduled date.
- You may donate your ticket back to the FAF as a tax-deductible contribution. You will be provided with documentation regarding your gift. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
How do I join the virtual event?
During the week of April 18th, you will receive an email with log-in instructions. If you do not receive the log-in email, please check your spam folder. If the log-in email isn’t there, contact us at email@example.com
What should I do before the program starts?
Check your device early and make sure your device’s sound is turned on and unmuted.
Who should I contact if I have questions or technical issues?
- For technical issues only, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- For all other inquiries, contact email@example.com or call 805.967.4164